A halter tankini is among one of the most popular swimwear choices for women of all ages. A tankini is a two piece swimsuit for women with a top that covers the mid section. The length of the tankini top varies with some barely covering the midsection and others being longer. A halter swimsuit has a strap going behind the neck and it enhances the appearance of your bust and helps show off your cleavage.
Choosing the best halter design
There are several factors you should consider when choosing a swimsuit. Keep in mind that not all bathing suits will flatter your body so you need to look for designs that will look best. Below is a simple guide on choosing the best halter swimsuit design.
• Push up halter– this one helps enhance your bust giving you a fuller bust.
• Underwire halter– this design caters for women with a fuller bust and who require more support.
• Maternity halter tops– being expectant does not mean that you have to abandon your favorite swimwear. Maternity halter tankini tops are designed to accommodate the bulge so you can still wear a tankini comfortably. With this design the top is longer and roomier.
• Plus size tankini tops– these are designed to offer greater bust support and accommodate a plus size body.
• Removable padding– If you are small busted you can choose one with removable padding to enhance your bust and give you a more feminine look.
Another thing to consider is the color of the swimsuit, bright colors like red, yellow and hot pink make you stand out while a color like brown helps you blend into the crowd. Black and white are all time classics and look good on everyone. There are also various tankini patterns to choose from depending on your personality. If you love standing out of the crowd then bright floral designs are the way to go.
These are quite eye catching and you can bet they will make you stand out of the crowd. Another option is getting swimwear with frills, ruffles, lace, beads, sequins and other embellishments. These convey a fun and outgoing personality and are great for a person who possesses these qualities. If on the other hand you prefer that your swimwear communicate understated sophistication you should go for classic designs like polka dots, pinstripes and monochromatic designs.
Choosing the best material
Other than the color and pattern, the other thing you need to consider is the material used in making the swimsuit. The most common fabrics are lycra/spandex, cotton and nylon. The elastic nature of spandex makes it great for containing slight bulges giving you a slimmer and more shapely appearance. Cotton on the other hand is a great choice if you want to avoid synthetic fabrics. However cotton does not offer your body the same support and slimming effect that spandex does, it also gets a bit heavier when wet and fades over time. Nylon which is the most common material also has a slimming effect on the body. At the same time it is lighter and dries fast which makes it popular as a swimsuit fabric.
A halter tankini is a great swimwear choice for women of all ages. There are so many colors and patterns to choose from you’ll be sure to find one that is right for you so you can hit the beach in style.