If you haven’t already booked your flights for your summer vacation, better do it now before everything sells out.
Summer flights are rapidly filling up—Delta Air Lines has already sold out nearly 75 percent of its seats on international flights for this summer.
During Delta’s recent Q1 Earnings call, the airline’s president Glen Hauenstein told investors, “To meet increasing demand, we are growing our international seats by more than 20% in the June quarter compared to prior year, and we already have about 75% of our bookings on hand.”
It’s likely that other airlines are seeing similar demand as travelers book early in order to get the best deals.
Tips for Booking Summer Travel
If you’re still looking to book your summer vacation, follow these tips to find great deals:
- Use Google Flights’ Explore feature to find cheap flights to destinations worldwide from your home airport
- Consider a domestic trip instead—according to Delta, demand has not been as strong for domestic flights this summer compared to international flights
- Be flexible with dates—travel at the beginning or end of summer, and try to fly on Tuesdays or Wednesdays
- Book as early as possible
- Reserve hotels and rental cars early as well—check availability and prices in your destination before committing to a flight
You Might Also Like:• This New Google Maps Feature Could Be a Game-Changer for Travel
• Record Demand for Passports Create Huge Wait Times
• 25 Percent of Travelers Have Found a Camera in Their Vacation Rental
• Where to Watch the 2024 Total Solar Eclipse
• Google Flights Launches Price Drop Refund Guarantee
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.